When we first moved from Manhattan for suburban lifestyle, among those things that I was most excited about has been decorating our home for Christmas. I had dreamed of it for several years. Wreaths on the chimney, lights out on the trees, along with a tree which has been taller than I was. Eventually we had a location that had enough space to allow my imagination run rampant to the holiday decoration.
We found our dream house, but something that was missing was a fireplace. My eyesight of these chilly winter nights with all the flame going and the sleeves hanging on the mantle weren’t likely to occur. While it took me some time to get it over, I discovered there were other ways to delight in our stockings. No mantle? No problem!
Here is a simple DIY approach to hang your sleeves in addition to some other suggestions that will make a fantastic addition to your holiday decor.
- Long birch timber log (any very long log is going to do, however, birch is this a staple throughout the holiday season)
- Durable wire
- Picture frame dangling hooks with claws
- Modes to wrap round log for extra decoration (that is optional, however I included wired lighting and wired jingle bells)
- Jute rope
- Use a level to draw a faint line in your walls where you would like to hang on the log, to make sure it’s straight.
- With a hammer, nail from the image frame hanging hooks. I utilized three to my own log, one on each end and one at the middle for assistance.
- Take the cord and wrap it tightly around the hook component of this hanging hook.
- Take the other end of the cable and wrap round the log to hang it on the wall.
- Wrap the other end of the cable to the hook to fasten the log.
- Repeat for remainder of dangling hooks before the log is protected on the wall.
- Carry your accessories and wrap them round the log.
- Loop that the jute rope through the loop at every stocking and tie round the log.
- Admire your brand new stockings which are hanging with no mantle required!
If that is not your style, check out these other fantastic options for hanging stockings:
1.) Festive Pinecone Garland
that I really like the way this pinecone garland seems to hold the sleeves over the fireplace. This type of natural and joyous appearance. (through Where My Heart Resides)
2.) A easy Coatrack
An improbable spot for stockings which works so well. An easy coat rack may create a simple method to hang stockings. (through Jenna Sue Design)
3. A Curtain Rod
If you have got drapes hanging in your residence, you’ve already got a place to hang those pockets. Really like this idea! (through Rain on a Tin Roof)
4.) Old Wooden Ladder
A classic wooden ladder provides a fantastic vertical style for hanging your sleeves. (through Love in a Mason Jar)
5.) Indoor Railings
Add a few new garland for your rail and attach the sleeves to get a subtle and organic appearance. (through Jeanne Oliver Designs)
6. Garland and Twig Screen
Garland and twigs hanging not merely result in a fantastic work of art on the wall throughout the vacations, but a much greater place to hang your sleeves. (through Numbered Street Designs)
7.) DIY Wooden Stocking Hangers
Give your sleeves a rustic appearance with these simple DIY wooden stocking hangers. (through Remodelaholic)
8. Reindeer Coat Rack
Buffalo plaid and reindeer hooks make for a simple DIY plus a joyous way to add colour to a wall and hang your sleeves. (through I Heart Nap Time)